Tuesday, 24 July 2007

Monster Squad


If you read my other blog this morning, you know I was on the hunt for this dvd.
And I managed to get a copy. It was released today for the first time on DVD, Monster Squad 20th Anniversary Edition is a two disk set with a ton of groovy extras. Rue Morgue Magazine did a special with Issue #69 (July 2007) having the cover of the original poster and a hefty interview inside. I remember now when and why I started to think of vampires as something sexy, Duncan Regehr. Now for those who have been living in a tomb for the last 20 years and have not seen it...
Dracula is after a stone that will make the world loose the daylight, and he brings in the help of Frankenstein, The GillMan, The Mummy, and the Wolfman. He has won before, 100 years ago, or almost won, until Van Helsing sends all the monsters back to another time and place. His one chance in 100 years to try again is now, and the only thing stopping him is a group of teenagers who have Van Helsing's Diary, the Monster Squad.
This has always been on my top ten all time favourite movies and it's about time it got released on DVD.

No comments: