Friday, 16 May 2008

There's a Fish in the Percolator



I want to take a moment and talk about Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me.
There is no doubt that the characters of Mike and Bob are supernatural demons. The question is what kind of supernatural demons? This show and it's movie spin off, both deal with Doppelgangers, wood spirits, familiars, witchcraft, paganism, angels/demons, and aliens. It crossed so many lines in it's short lived timeframe, that some elements were crossed to the point of being too meshed.
Follow me?
As a fan of this mythology, I have still have unanswered questions as to certain references that are laced throughout the show and movie.
Was BOB infact a Psy-Vamp? or was he an Elemental? Did the corn reference refer to the Celtic/Druids corn gods/goddesses? Why was there so many fish references?

So why am I blogging about this and not giving a review? In my view of the mythology of Twin Peaks, I believe that BOB was infact a Psy-Vamp and therefore Twin Peaks belongs on the list of vampire movies/tv shows.
Ground breaking as it was, it left alot of unanswered elements.

No comments: